People like colored contact lenses. They like the fact that these decorative lenses enhance their appearance. Others appreciate the Gothic look it gives them in the case of Halloween fashion. However, when it comes to wearing these decorative colored contact lenses there are certain important safety precautions that should be taken into consideration when buying this type of eye-wear. Therefore, if you interested in wearing these types of contacts it is important to become aware of the health risks associated with buying this eye-wear without the proper care of a trained eye care practitioner such as an optometrist:
When it comes to buying decorative colored contact lenses the same kinds of considerations that apply to wearing regular contact lenses also apply to wearing colored contact lenses. For example, colored contact lenses are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration and they should not be bought from an unlicensed retail store outlet.
Here are some considerations regarding the purchase of decorative colored contact lenses:
1. You should avoid buying these colored contact lenses at the following retail outlets: A street vendor, a flea market, a beauty shop or a novelty or Halloween store.
Additional considerations regarding decorative colored contacts lenses include the following:
2. make sure that you have a prescription from a qualified eye care specialist. This is due to the fact that if you buy these contacts at a regular store you will not have the proper instructions as to the use and proper care of the colored contact lenses. You may be jeopardizing the safety of your eye health due to the fact that they may not come with cleaning solutions that should enable you to use them in a safe way as to avoid eye health hazards like eye infections.
3. They Don’t Have a Universal Fit: In other words one size does not fit all. For this reason, a qualified eye care practitioner such as an optometrist or an ophthalmologist will have to measure your eyes so that he can ensure that the lens is suited to your individual needs in terms of the correct size and fit. There are a number of reasons why your eye care practitioner follows this protocol:
1. This avoids scratches to the cornea as the incorrect fit can cause this eye health hazard
2. This is also done to avoid corneal infections
3. This also helps the consumer to avoid eye conditions such as pink eye, decreased vision and blindness.
Even in spite of the fact that this type of eye wear does not fall into the category of regular corrective lenses you still need to follow the same procedures that you would when purchasing regular lenses. This is due to the fact that these types of lenses pose similar eye health risks as regular lenses when the proper precautions are not taken in terms of their use. Take for instance, according to Glendor Secor, lenses without the proper cleaning solutions can lead to eye infections. This oversight can also quickly lead to the spread of rapid bacterial infections in the eyes. According to Dr. Secor some of these bacterial infections can even lead to blindness.
When it comes to wearing decorative colored contact lenses safety should be your first priority. This is due to the fact that buying this eye wear via a qualified eye care practitioner reduces the risks of eye infections and ensures that the proper cleaning and safety solutions are used.
If you are interested in a natural alternative to wearing decorative colored contact lenses the pursuit of an eye exercise program to improve your vision naturally is a viable option to look into. Eye exercises are natural techniques that eliminate the hassles and inconveniences related to dealing with messy solutions and contact lens discomfort. Like other parts of the body the eye possesses muscles that are responsible for controlling the focusing power of the eyes. When you exercise these muscles on a regular basis you are training the visual system to function more efficiently so that you can develop the skill of seeing clearly without glasses.
This eye exercise program consists of eye exercises that are 100% natural and safe to perform. Not only are these techniques simple, easy and fun to perform but they only take minutes a day to put into practice. Some people who have practiced these techniques regularly have noticed that their physical appearance has been enhanced. This is due to the fact that they notice that their eyes tend to glow with health, vitality and beauty. Therefore, if you find the maintenance schedule regarding the upkeep of your contact lenses annoying, frustrating and inconvenient, then, ultimately, an eye exercise program to improve your vision naturally is a worthwhile alternative that you can look into.